One of the duties of the SABF is to decide on the annual venue for our national congress. In order to reach as wide an audience as possible, we try to hold it by rotating between the various provinces in consultation with the unions concerned.
As this is S.A’s premier bridge event we attempt to attract the best and the widest audience possible by staging the tournament at a location that not only fulfills the bridge requirements but also allows for players to mix and socialize between and after sessions .
We believe it is important to re-establish the tradition that was created all those years ago when this event was regularly held in Swaziland, Lesotho and Drakensberg to name a few. It is a tradition that has sadly slipped away over time and that is the reason that we have chosen to hold next year’s Annual National Congress at the Hotel Numbi in Hazyview.
Some the attractions of this venue are:
- Congress 2011 will take place at the Hotel Numbi & Garden Suites in Hazyview from Saturday 14th May to Saturday 21st May 2011;
- Two hotels in Hazyview will host Congress 2011 – Hotel Numbi & Garden Suites as well as the Hippo Hollow 3km from the Numbi. The rates are R495.00 per person sharing per night, inclusive of dinner, bed & breakfast or R645.00 per person per night in single accommodation inclusive of dinner, bed and breakfast. R200.00 per camping site per night –max 4 persons;
- General information:
• A cocktail function with complimentary drinks and finger supper will be held at The Numbi on Friday 13th May at 20h00.
• A prize giving dinner dance will be held at The Numbi on Saturday 21st May.
• A cost of R150.00 will be charged for the prize-giving dinner for players not staying at The Numbi or Hippo Hollow Hotel.
• During the tournament: theme dinners will be served in a marquee at The Numbi for residents of The Numbi and Hippo Hollow Hotel; piano background music, traditional dancers and choir music will be provided on certain evenings.
• Dinner for players not staying at Numbi or Hippo Hollow Hotel will be charged at R120.00 per person.
• A shuttle will be available for residents of Hippo Hollow hotel which is approx 3km from The Numbi.
• Depending on demand, a bus will be available to transport players from the Links to Hazyview. The bus will leave on Friday 13th May at 10h00 and return to the Links on Sunday morning the 22nd May
• The cost of the bus (return journey) is R380.00 per person if we have 55 passengers. GBU will arrange lifts from the airport to the Links Bridge Club.
• Game drives into Kruger Park can be booked directly with the Numbi Hotel.
• Flights are available on SA Airlink from Cape Town and Durban and Jhb to Nelspruit or check closer to the time what is on offer from either Airlink or British Airways.
• There will be a minibus shuttle available at approx 13h00 from Nelspruit to The Numbi on a Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Contact Bushveld Link (Johan & Kinnie) on 083 284-5382.
• There is a lot to see and do in this beautiful part of our country. Contact Jan van Dijken at vdijken [at] worldonline.co.za who will put a tour package together for you.
Let me know if you need more information.